Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pantry Overhaul: Organization

Inspired by my obsession with vintage jars and the popularity of all things chalkboard, a pantry organization idea was born. I used chalkboard contact paper on jars of various sizes to create a vintage inspired pantry fit for an old house. And the best part is you can just wipe off the chalk writing and change it when need be.

Here's a before pic:And here's what the pantry looks like now. (Try to look past the yellow doors and tired paint that will be revived this summer.) Surprisingly, everything in the jars was already in my pantry. It's amazing how nice food looks when you take away the packaging.With a little help from Poof, my ever-growing collection of pretty turquoise glass has a new home in the pantry as well.

9 comments:

  1. That is WAY cool! I might have to steal the vintage-jar-with-chalkboard-contact-paper idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew there was chalkboard contact paper. Genius idea to label your cool jars with it. You can probably find what you need easier and know when you need to buy more at a glance. I love how your pantry looks! No surprise there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,
    I didn't know you liked these old jars. I have dozens of them in the garage. They belonged to my grandmother (David's great-grandmother), who actually used them for canning lots of yummy things. If you need more, I might be able to deliver some with the Wedgewood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I missed a few posts and rather than post a reply for each, I'll gather them here. 1st, OF COURSE that tiny tub was a sweet find! I've been looking for something similar- I'm so jealous!!! And your pantry looks great. I love labels and organization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm jealous of all the storage you have! looks so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm am continually impressed at your creative decorating abilities! I just adore the pieces you pick for your house and the fact that you can be consumer savvy with out making things look cheap... I LOVE your blog... I can only dream about creating a... well... dream home :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Susan - I have plenty a the standard size jars but if you have any of the old half-gallon jars I would LOVE to have them.

    @ Caitlin - You are too sweet! It's always nice to hear such positive feedback. :) I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pantry in gorgeous! I just clicked the follow button so I don't miss what it looks like after you paint. Your house is my ideal dream home...I'm looking forward to digging through your archives. Best of luck with all of your renovations!

    ReplyDelete