Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mailboxs Etc

I was recently lucky enough to be the big winner of a super cute mailbox (pictured below) by way of a fellow Portland house blogger, Joe of 1916 Portland Bungalow. Being someone who loves to coordinate, I was beyond thrilled to find out the mailbox I won has the EXACT same square pattern design as this one that I got for the house last year. Since I don't really need two mailboxes, my current plan is to paint the new one oil rubbed bronze (my fav color) to match the exterior details on the house and used it as something other than a mailbox (currently loving the idea of it as a wall-mounted planter). I hope that doesn't go against the rules of what you can do with items won on blogs!?!

I also want to mention Joe's new venture, NCD Interior Design, which I think is SUCH a great idea. NCD Interior Design is meant to provide inspiration and interior design ideas to anyone with an older home who wants to undertake a respectful remodel of their bungalow, foursquare, cottage, or other classic American home. And the kicker? You could be a part of it! HCD Interior Design is currently looking to expand their site. Whether you have a high-end (finished) interior room or are an interior designer looking to get more exposure, drop Joe a line to be considered for the site.

I can only hope that, one day, my finished rooms will make the cut! And a big thanks to Joe for the killer mailbox!

3 comments:

  1. I love the mail box, its super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the mailbox, or planter, or whatever you decide to use it as. Thanks for the mention of New Classic Designs. I'm putting some finishing touches on the website and I'll be looking for participants soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that planter idea is fabulous, it's what I was thinking the second I read that you had two.... love the idea of painting it and can't wait to see the photos of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete