Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The word Vain cannot actually be found within the word Vanity

(A friendly fact for our friend Paul who couldn't resist making a joke about how 'vain' we were anytime this project came up in conversation.)

Despite the fact that we just started the remodeling phase of the master bath, many pieces of the puzzle have been in the works for quite a while now. Back in February I spoke to our favorite local furniture shop, Tropical Salvage, about making a custom double vanity. They make stunningly beautiful furniture out of salvaged wood from Indonesia. We have purchased a few furniture pieces from them over the last few years and were thrilled when they agreed to do a vanity for us at an incredibly reasonable price.

Here is the mock-up of how we wanted the finished product to look:
Vanity by Tropical Salvage, French Petite White Vessel Sinks from Overstock.com, AquaSource single-handle bathroom faucets from Lowes.com

I gave Tropical Salvage this design spec...

...and four months later, we picked up our vanity! I can't wait to see how it looks when it's installed in the finished bathroom.

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Gorgeous! Hopefully you won't be angry when I sneak in to use YOUR bathroom next time I'm staying in your house. That is just too fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful Kelly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's stunning! I'm so excited to see it in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm so glad to know that a local Portland shop will do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I haven't looked at your blog in a while. I am impressed beyond words at all you've done. You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I just bought a small ingas wood piece from Tropical Salvage. I am thinking of just sanding it to bare wood and using typical urethane varnish on it. Otherwise I might consider some type of natural oil without varnishing. Have you done any further work on your finishing?

    ReplyDelete