Saturday, February 13, 2010

The strangest thing I have EVER purchased

We hit the ground running with our next wave of renovations by doing some serious window shopping today. I previously posted about the guest bathroom spacial dilemma. Ideally there would be a bathtub AND shower, but the open space available wasn't boding well for the tub option. While browsing around The Rebuilding Center today (which was jam-packed with great used building and remodeling materials), we stumbled up the perfect second-hand solution to our problem.

And here it is--officially the strangest thing I have ever purchased:
There she is, spouting whales and all. At 42" x 35 1/2" it fits perfectly in our beyond small space and, being a used tub that was 25% off, it fit perfectly in our budget. The tub is big enough for a child to bath in and for an adult shower in. It's a small tub-sized miracle! What will you do with the 10 extra inches between the tub and the wall you ask? Why, we'll tile in a nifty seat/shelf for our sitting/storage pleasure.

After installation we'll have the tub refinished to like-spankin'-new condition (and I'll secretly miss those cute little whales).

6 comments:

  1. THAT is a very good find. Amazing, really! Bon Voyage, whales! My kids are totally going to want to jump in that mini bath when we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, who knew they made tubs so tiny?? Our tub had remnants of swans on the floor when we moved in. Not quite as fun as whales, though. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started following your blog....and I love your ideas! I'll be moving back to America in a few months and we'll be renovating our new home. I come to your page everyday to check your out your latest improvements! This tub is pretty much the bomb-shizzle. I love that it is tiny. My daughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog Jen! Congrats on your new house. Where are you here moving from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kelly! We'll be moving back to Crystal Lake, Illinois. My husband and I grew up there and we'll be purchasing his childhood home :) I plan on adding on and completely gutting the inside...it should be fun! Keep up the awesome ideas and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small world, David grew up in Bolingbrook which isn't too far from Cyrstal Lake. I hope we get to see your progress on the house when the time comes. :)

    ReplyDelete